Wing is a nice IDE, it does autocompletion, project management and other fancy stuff like SVN integration.
There is a page here on how to set up Wing so that it’ll debug within a django environment, including how to make it work with the auto reloading feature, however this will not help if you wish to debug within unit tests, which can be extremely useful, particuarly if you are following TDD or test-first philosophies.
The answer to this:
- Set the manage.py of your django project to be the ‘Main Debug File’. Do this by finding manage.py in the Project View and right clicking on it. The option is about half way down the drop down.
- Set the environment variables required in the Project settings.
- Right click the manage.py again and go to “File Properties”
- In the Debug tab of File Properties, set the ‘Run Arguments’ to ‘test’ (without the quotes)
- Add a breakpoint somewhere in your tests
- Press Debug
Hope this helps someone, I’ve just spent time getting it working, only to blast my .wpr file and have to remember how to do it again, so I thought I’d write it down.